Play in a Fox Hollow Ladies League on Tuesday evening or Saturday morning. Join as a single or a group. Whatever your skill level, we have the perfect fit for your game, whether you’re looking for fun, or semi-serious competition. Scroll down for more information on both leagues, or call the Fox Hollow Golf Shop at 763-428-4468 ext. 7.
Saturday Ladies League
Welcome to the 2018 Fox Hollow 18-Hole Saturday Women's League!
|Important Dates to Remember|
|April 7||League Meeting - 12:00 pm at Fox Hollow (same day as the open house)|
|April 7||Registration Due (Please mail registration OR bring your check with you to the meeting)|
|May 5||First Day of League Play|
|Aug. 18-19||Club Championship|
|Sept. 22||League Fun Day and Banquet|
1 Distribute information
2 Introduce new members
3 Re-acquaint returning members
4 Review league rules and policies; vote on any changes
5 Hand out league roster and events schedule
6 Sign up for the first two weeks of league play (Important – the first few weeks fill up fast!)
7 Pay for handicap and patron card to Pro shop
8 Sign up for committees
- Club Chapmionship
- Fun Day and Banquet
- Guest Day
How Much Does it Cost to Play in the League?
- League dues are $60.00 and cover prizes for events
- Patron Card ($100 + tax) or Club Membership (see Pro Shop). Patrons receive a $6.00 discount on the $45.00 greens fees for 18 holes, so the card pays for itself after 17 rounds.
- Handicap Card ($31.00) if needed. League members must have an official USGA handicap, but do not need to hold it through Fox Hollow. if you have your handicap at another club, give your GHIN number to the Events Chair so she can get your current index for handicapped events.
- Greens Fees ($39.00 + tax per round) for patrons.
- Play is scheduled Saturday mornings around 7:00 through 8:30 am, depending on the time of the season.
- Sign up sheets will be posted on the information board at least two (2) weeks in advance of the scheduled playing date.
- If the tee times are full, contact the pro sop to see if there are any cancellations.
- The Pro Shop has a 24-hour cancellation policy. You MUST notify the Pro Shop (763-428-4468 ext. 7) NO LATER than 24 hours in advance of the event if you are canceling or you will be responsible to pay for the tee time.
- The Saturday 18-Hole Women’s League recommends that you cancel by Wednesday prior to the event to allow other players the opportunity to participate.
- We will pay in light to moderate rain. Wash-outs and lightning will cancel play
- Call the Pro Shop when play may be questionable – it may be terrible in your neighborhood, yet still nice enough to play at Fox Hollow
- At the beginning and end of the season, there is a high likelihood of frost delays. Please call the Pro Shop to verify starting times, but realize that they are making an educated guess. (If they say the delay is one hour, it may only be 1/2 hour.)
Hole in One
Closest to the Pin
Scoring Weekly Events
- When filling out your scorecard, make it easy on the events committee members who score the event by entering all information needed as legibly as possible.
- Please use one scorecard per two players in your foursome (2 cards total per foursome). Each card should have one player (first and last name) in the top section and one in the bottom section to leave room for the committee to make any marks necessary for scoring.
- Putt out every hole
- If you have a “disaster” and need to pick up or enter an “X” for a hole, you will be withdrawn from the event unless that hole would not be counted in the event.
- Enter the actual score for each hole (not the net score))
- The Events Committee will be responsible for adjusting scores for event purposes
- Each card mush be signed and attested by each player prior to being deposited in the scorecard box.
Check with the Pro Shop or use the handicap guide located by the computer if you need help adjusting your score.
Note: Please be sure to enter your scores from other courses too.
- If your approach shot hits the bank and rolls back into the hazard, you must hit over the hazard again (See Rule 26-1 Relief for Ball in Water Hazard)
Throughout the Course: If you are in doubt about the correct procedure you may, without penalty, play a second ball. When you do this, you must announce your intention to your playing companions and indicate which ball you intend to score with. Note the scores for both balls on your card (even if they are the same score) and report the situation to the club professional or Rules Committee after the round for a decision.
- If your ball strikes the power line you must play another ball without penalty (see Rule 33-8 Local Rules).
- Any local rules for “Course Under Repair” or other conditions will be posted on the information board and at the Pro Shop.
- After hitting two (2) balls into the hazard, yo may drop your ball on the other side of the hazard, taking two penalty strokes. This rule was adopted to speedup play and does not apply during the Club Championship.
- If you hit your ball in the river on #3, drop your ball in the “drop area” on the other side of the hazard, taking a one stroke penalty.
Check with Eric, our club Pro, or ask a board member.
What if I Have Other Questions?
Email the golf shop at email@example.com or bring your questions to the League Meeting on April 7.
Tuesday Night Ladies League
Tuesday Ladies League Contacts
President: Jill Anderson–firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President: Alicia Rupp–email@example.com
Treasurer: Cheryl White–firstname.lastname@example.org
Fox Hollow Golf Shop
763-428-4468 ext. 7
Welcome Night--April 23, 2019
Shotgun Start at 5:00 PM on April 23rd!
Call or stop by the golf shop to sign up with who you want to play with.
Please stay for dinner and our first meeting right after our round of golf. If you are unable to golf that night, we invite you to come for the meeting and dinner about 7:30 PM. If you are unable to attend, please contact Cheryl, or any officer, and we’ll be glad to answer any questions.
During the season, sign-up sheets will be posted two weeks in advance. The Golf Shop requires a 24-hour cancellation notice for league tee times. You will be charged full green fees for any tee time cancelled in less than 24 hours! Only the golf course can cancel play due to bad weather. Please contact the Golf Shop to see if play has been called when the weather is questionable.
Players should check in at the Golf Shop each week before golfing. Weekly green fees should be paid to the Golf Shop. Any information regarding that evening’s event or upcoming events will be provided to you when you check in.
We will be playing the Front 9 and Back 9 courses on an alternating basis. Please be aware of your pace of play. Ready golf is very helpful to stay on pace!
We will also have the weekly dollar events. If you choose to participate, give the Golf Shop $1.00 before play begins. Winners will be paid the following week.
The list of weekly and special events will be handed out at the Welcome Night dinner.
Note Change: Members will need to participate in at least 8 nights of golf to be eligible for the Club Championship. The average score of your best three rounds will determine the winners.
Click HERE for Event Schedule
Trial Membership Offer
If you know someone that is interested but not committed yet, encourage them to try the league one of the first 3 weeks. Pay just $5 for the game and their green fees. If they join, we will prorate the dues and you will get a bonus – TBD
Open House- You're Invited!
The clubhouse is open, The Masters will be on the TVs, there will be a merchandise sale, food specials, free range balls and prize drawings throughout the day.